Friday, May 4, 2018

obit for Robert (Pop) Miller


Robert (Pop) Miller of Conyers, passed away May 3, 2018, at the age of 79. Mr. Miller was a supportive member of Gospel Mission Church in Covington. His career as a driver for Checker Cab Company spanned over 40 years. Whether at home or work, Mr. Miller loved telling jokes and reminiscing about "the old days." Social in nature, he was especially fond of get-togethers with family. Mr. Miller possessed a creative spark – indulging in hobbies such as art, playing harmonica, and making delicious meals. He was loved dearly and will be missed by all who knew him. Mr. Miller was preceded in death by his loving wife of 51 years, Priscillia Miller; son, Tony Miller; as well as parents, Robert Mantel and Dorothy Louise (Pressel) Miller.

 

Survivors include his daughter and son-in-law, Laura and Greg Dickey; sons, Joe Bowling, William (Billy) Miller; grandchildren, Julie Hancock, Joshua Pack, Samantha Bowling, Jason Pack, Gabby Bowling, McKenzie Bowling; numerous great-grandchildren; sister, Crysmyra Hopkins; as well as several nieces and nephews.

 

A Funeral Service for Mr. Miller will be held Sunday, May 6, 2018, 3:00 PM, at Gospel Mission Church, 755 Almon Road, in Covington, with Pastor Wayne Whitley officiating and interment following in Shiloh United Methodist Church Cemetery, in Covington. Friends are invited to visit with the family at Caldwell & Cowan Funeral Home, 1215 Access Road, in Covington, Saturday, May 5th, from 6:00 – 9:00 PM.

 

 

I'm Free

 

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free

I'm following the path God laid for me.

I took His hand when I heard Him call

I turned my back and left it all

 

I could not stay another day

To laugh, to love, to work or play

Tasks left undone must stay that way

I found that peace at the close of the day

 

If my parting has left a void

Then fill it with remembered joy

A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss

Ah, yes, these things I too will miss

 

Be not burdened with times of sorrow

I wish for you the sunshine of tomorrow

My life has been full, I've savored much

Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch

 

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief

Don't lengthen it now with undue grief

Lift up your heart and share with me

God wanted me now, He set me free!


--
Regards,

Chris Socha, Case Processor
Caldwell & Cowan Funeral Home
1215 Access Road
Covington, GA 30014
770-786-7062 (O)    
770-786-7067 (F)

No comments:

Post a Comment